HIMSS 2015 broke social media records with 90,740 total tweets – the most for a conference ever. With more than 50 million impressions, 2,200 tweets per hour by the middle of day three and 80 tweets per minute by the middle of day two (see below – source: SCRAAWL), #HIMSS15 was blowing up on social media.
As a recap, here are the top 17 tweets from HIMSS15’s 40,000+ health IT pros.
1. #HIMSS15 started on Twitter with 1 cup of coffee and was already breaking records
— HIMSS (@HIMSS) April 12, 2015
2. More than 40,000 HIT enthusiasts attended #HIMSS15…
If 40,000 people go to #HIMSS15 at a cost of $2,000 per person – are we adding $80,000,000 in value to health care system?
— Sherry Reynolds (@Cascadia) April 7, 2015
3. and drank more than 32,000 cups of coffee
4. Day 1 started with a BANG with the most retweet tweet about keynote Alex W. Gourlay – President of Walgreen
5. In his keynote, Alex Gourlay shared his vision for human wellness
6. He also had some time support #RedNoseDay to call out childhood poverty
7. By midday Day 1, #HIMSS15 started to take over Twitter
— Rasu Shrestha MD MBA (@RasuShrestha) April 13, 2015
8. Also on Day 1, the Exhibition Hall opened…
9. which Regina Holliday had comments on
10. At #HIMSS15, security was a hot topic
11. “Population Health” was also a buzzword
“Population health” wins this year’s #HIMSS15 buzzword award. Have yet to hear it defined the same way twice.
— Kevin Kumler (@KevinKumler) April 15, 2015
12. “Big Data Analytics” was termed the next phase of Health IT adoption
— AMA (@AmerMedicalAssn) April 15, 2015
13. NPWF started #NoMUwithoutMe movement
14. We learned that “Patient Engagement” was among top priorities for providers
15. and “analytics”, “cloud” and “mobile” among the top priorities for CIOs
— Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) April 13, 2015
16. We learned physicians cite greatest concerns with value-based payment models…
— Deloitte Health Care (@DeloitteHealth) April 12, 2015
17. and that 74% of physicians indicated that IT was critical in helping their organization achieve successful care coordination.
— HIMSS (@HIMSS) April 14, 2015
#HIMSS15 was the biggest conference yet. There was lots of energy and good discussion about the future Health IT. And none of this more evident than the massive amounts of activity on twitter.
Have any other tweets that you liked from #HIMSS15? Let us know. Also, if you enjoyed this post, please TWEET it using the social media buttons below. Thanks!