The Platform includes healthcare software and services that allow you to complete health questionnaires, track your self-management tasks and access patient education.
The information that you generate on the Platform may be provided to your health care providers, depending on how they choose to use the Platform.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Any information that you provide to the Platform is safeguarded in accordance with applicable laws. The following describes the information collected by the Platform:
We collect Personal Information, which may include but is not limited to your name, telephone number, and email address, in order to create an account and provide you with the Platform. Depending on how your healthcare provider configures the Platform, this may change the type of Personal Information we collect. Depending on how you use the Platform, you may also choose to provide similar Personal Information about caregivers in order for them to also access the Platform.
We collect the Health Information you provide to the Platform, including but not limited to, your provider, your surgery date and the information you record using our Platform, including but not limited to your responses to health questionnaires and your completion of tasks.
We collect Usability Information from your activity on the Platform for the purpose of operating and improving the Platform, including but not limited to, the buttons you click, the content you view, the features you use, how long you spend on each page of the Platform, the date and time of when you use the Platform and other information about how you interact with the Platform.
By virtue of using the Platform, you are consenting for your Personal Information, Health Information and Usability Information to be collected and used by Seamless in the manner outlined below.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We seek to limit our exposure to the Personal Information we collect. However, we may use the Personal Information, Health Information and Usability Information we collect for any purpose related to your access and use of the Platform, and our maintenance and development of the Platform, including but not limited to:
● operate, maintain, manage and administer the Platform, including processing registrations, and providing customer support;
● respond to questions and communications, which we retain in the ordinary course of business;
● safeguard and protect our Platform, the information they safeguard, the rights of third parties and in response to legal process
● facilitate communication between you and us, your health care team, physician, or hospital, and any other individuals or entities in connection with your use of the Platform;
● improve the Platform and monitor our services, including without limitation, analysing the performance and effectiveness of the Platform, and identifying your needs and preferences.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
By virtue of using the Platform, you grant us the permission to disclose your Personal Information, Health Information and Usability Information to any individual or entity that may assist us in providing you with access to and the use of the Platform, including, without limitation, to:
● your caregivers who you consent to be involved in your care;
● your treating physician, hospital, other members of your health care team, which may include providing the data to your health care provider’s electronic medical record systems;
● the pilot or research study team who you consent to have access to this information for research purposes (should your healthcare team be utilizing this information as part of a research study);
● third party service providers, business partners, or other trusted individuals and entities that may assist us in providing you with access to, and use of, the Platform, who will be under an obligation of confidence in respect to your Personal Information, Health Information and Usability Information;
● third parties in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of the shares or assets of Seamless or in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, who will be under an obligation of confidence in respect to your Personal Information, Health Information and Usability Information; and
● any individual or entity if required by applicable law or to cooperate with by law enforcement if permitted by applicable privacy laws.
To render the services described in the End User License and Services Agreement, your Personal Information may be transferred, accessed and/or processed by us, our affiliates and other third party service providers in Canada or the United States to the extent permitted by the applicable privacy laws. Your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction to which the Personal Information was transferred, accessed and/or processed; and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in that jurisdiction in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction.
HOW WE USE AGGREGATED INFORMATION
We may use, and disclose (to a third party) aggregated and de-identified Health Information and Usability Information from the Platform, such that it is not associated with any individual account that personally identifies you (“Aggregated Information”). We reserve the right to collect, use, disclose, distribute and otherwise exploit any and all Aggregated Information to the extent that such data is not linked to any particular individual.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you discover unwanted or incorrect Personal Information and Health Information associated with your Seamless account, you should contact your healthcare provider who will then communicate with Seamless to potentially remove or correct such information. We will make reasonable efforts to promptly remove or correct such information so long as it is information within our control and generated as a result of the Platform. Please understand that removal of unwanted Personal Information and Health Information, or the entry of inaccurate Personal Information and Health Information may mean we may not be able to provide accurate or timely Platform.
We have implemented security measures to protect against unauthorized use, misuse, or modifications to information stored on our servers, your computer, or your mobile device. We use software, encryption, password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your information.
Seamless has in place effective administrative, technological and physical safeguards to stop theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure or disposal of information. These safeguards are consistent with industry practice.
Seamless will ensure that its personnel are aware of and agree to be bound by the privacy laws applicable to Seamless’ business.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
The Platform is not intended for children under the age of 13, without the consent and supervision of the parent or legal guardian. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us information without their consent, please contact us. Access to and use of the Platform for minors must be through the parent or legal guardian’s account or with the parent or legal guardian’s express permission. If we become aware that a user of the Platform is under the age of 13 and has provided us with information without parental consent, we will delete such information and suspend access to the Platform.
If you withdraw your consent, you will no longer be able to access or use the Platform. We may continue to use the information you previously provided to us to the extent required for us to enforce any contractual obligations that you may have to us or to the extent required by us to fulfill any of our contractual obligations.
Up to date as of November 18, 2020